There are a variety of reasons that can cause scratches on the car paint. car accidents, inappropriate youth behavior, bad parking and other mishaps in the parking lot, all these are common causes that may result in one or two scratches on paint finish. Although scratches detract from the look of your car, pay for a body shop that will apply a new coat of paint or will even make a small touch, it can be very costly. Follow these steps to remove small scratches without having to bear the costs of hiring a professional.
Things You’ll Need:
- Polishing pads
- spray bottle
- Dogfish 1500 and 2000 grains
- Sanding pad
- Polishing compound
- Car wax
It determines if the scratch is really a scratch and not just something on the surface of the painting. Look at the area up close and inspect if you have a single scratch or a mark on the car. Sometimes what appears to be a scratch is actually a line from material lifted by an impact. This happens when your car hits another bumper or other object whose coat of paint is weaker than the paint of your car. These imperfections require much less work to eliminate them. Space play / pause esc stop f fullscreen shift + ← → slower / faster (latest Chrome and Safari) ↑ ↓ volume m mute ← → seek . Seek to previous 1 2 … 6 seek to 10%, 20%, 60% …
Sets the depth of the scratch. Having determined that really do have a scratch to repair it is necessary to discover how deep it is. This will determine how will board repairs. Scratches in the transparent layer can be solved easily by following the steps below. Your car has 4 main layers: a transparent layer, color, primer and steel . If the scratch is only as deep as the transparent layer or color, it will be much easier to remove. If you see a different color or steel, the scratch is deep and may be more difficult to repair at home.
Look for other areas that can repair at the same time. Although you may have only a scratch that you are disturbing enough to start a repair project is a good idea to look for other areas that could repair the same time. If you already have the tools and materials to do the job, why not do everything at once?
Prepare the repair area
- Wash and thoroughly dry your car. If your car is dirty during repair scratch, that land could cause further scratches occur.
- Pay special attention to the area you are going to repair. Sprayed with water scratch area, making sure to remove all debris that is in the scratch.
- Wrap a wet or dry sandpaper 2000 grit around the sanding pad and sanding begins. The goal is to sand only the transparent layer and not get deeper.
- Always in the direction of the scratch. You do not want to create scratches in the opposite direction, which will only create more ridges and valleys in the paint need repair.
- periodically rinse the area with water. This will allow you to see better if you’ve reached the bottom of the scratch.
- If the scratch is slightly deeper than the transparent layer, using 1500 grit sandpaper first to level the surface and then 2000 grit sandpaper to remove scratches caused by the coarse sandpaper.
- Prevents dirt or debris is between the sand and the vehicle. This can cause scratches.
Rinse the area making sure it is clean and dry. Use microfiber cloths clean and good quality to dry the surface. Remember to use old rags could simply cause more scratches on the surface of the car!
Repairs the paint surface
Apply polishing compound on the scratched areas. Do not turn yet polisher, first polishing compound spreads around the area that was opaque after sanding pad using the polisher. Polishing compound is an abrasive that corrodes the surface a little paint but also smoothes the surface, leaving it ready for waxing. Basically, polishing compound used to remove scratches created by the sandpaper.
- Pule area with polishing compound. Turn the polisher at the lowest level and move around the area for about 10 seconds. You need polishing compound relatively quickly so as not to dry before I spread it.
- Increase the speed to 2000 RPM and polishes for one minute. Now you must move the best car scratch remover from side to side and then slowly down. Go to: mygaragestory.net to get my information about best car scratch remover.
- Continue until opacity is gone, but make sure not penetrate the paint. This could take up to 5 minutes depending on the scratch and the speed and pressure you apply.
- Pull not the same point by more than a second. You cut yourself the next layer if you polish the same point a long time.
- Wash the area once again. Use clean water and a towel to remove compound residues left on the surface of the painting. If the compound is introduced into a crack, use a toothbrush to clean
- Always clean the remaining compound remaining after polishing. Otherwise, waste paint will adhere to and be harder to remove.
- Polish the area to seal the paint you just repaired. Apply a good carnauba wax on the surface and then púlela random orbital sander with.
- If you wax your car regularly, usually uses the method that you employ. If ever you’ve done, read “How to wax the car” for some suggestions about how to do.
Work ends washing area once again. Make sure you have removed all the scratches and the repaired area is super shiny and repels water easily.
- You can remove marks lifted scrubbing the area with a soapy rag. If that does not work, try a product to remove adhesive.
- Even if one end of the scratch is superficial, the middle or the opposite end could be much deeper. Everything looks good to scratch before deciding how to eliminate it.
If the paint scratches your car are particularly deep or excessive, it would be good to you to consider the possibility of going to a body shop to have it repaired. Body shops have professional tools and equipment necessary to leave your car a new and beautiful surface knowledge. This is Morris Rollison from http://mygaragestory.net/. If you have any troubles with your car, just come with us. We have everything you need for your beloved car. Have fun!